This class is for those with little or no quilting experience. The techniques you'll learn include:
We will make sure you are comfortable with each step of the piecing and quilting process in class. you will finish each step at home. If you've never taken a beginner quilt class, we advise you to take this before taking the other quilt classes we offer.
- Choosing fabric and supplies
- Using a rotary cutter
- Accurate machine piecing
- Adding borders
- Preparing your quilt for quilting
- Basic machine quilting
- Binding your quilt
- Plus, you'll get loads of tips to guide you along the way.
- Fabric amounts:
3 coordinating fabrics - 1 yard of each
Neutral cotton thread to match
- Sewing machine in good working condition
- 80/20 universal machine needles
- 1or 2 wound bobbins
- 1/4 patchwork foot
- Walking foot for your machine
- Rotary cutter with 45mm blade
- Cutting mat
- 6 x 24 inch ruler
- Fabric scissors
- Small scissors for snipping threads
- 100% cotton 50wt. thread that blends with the fabric
- Fine straight pins
- Pointy, sharp seam ripper
- Fabric marking pencils with dark and white leads
- Large safety pins
- Pen and Paper for taking notes
- A SMILE :)
- Quilting book "Three Yard Quilts"
You won't need ALL of these for the first class- if you have your machine and basic sewing supplies, we can help you choose the fabric, etc. We have cutting mats, rotary cutters, 1/4 patchwork feet, walking foot, and all such supplies. We will have the book and pattern available for you too. So come prepared to have a fun time!!!