This breathtaking sampler quilt is all appliqued-in-the-hoop. Become confident at multi-hooping while embroidering these blocks. Each block requires multi-hooping, but once we step you through it in class you will see it's not as hard as you first think. This is an intermediate to advanced class. You will need to be familiar with using your embroidery machine to enjoy this class. Finished quilt size is 72'' by 72''. Bring your embroidery machine on Thursday. Spend the day embroidering. Let your machine set up in our store and come back Friday morning to continue the lesson. Our goal is for you to leave with the confidence to complete this quilt on your own.
- (2) 22" Squares of background fabric with horizontal and vertical centers marked.
- (1) 10 1/2" x 65" border background fabric with horizontal and vertical centers marked.
- Presto then Heat n' Stay ironed onto the back of the squares and border.
- Fat Quarters 4-6 shades of the following colors... Green, Lime Green, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Pink. There are a fat quarters already picked and cut ready for you at Stitch-N-Time! :)
- (2 ea/) Fat Quarters of 4 shades of turquoise and 2 pinks used for the border
- Threads to match the fat quarters
- Reference chart* of the thread number beside the fabric it matches. This will save you MUCH time, confusion, and headaches later on!!!
- USB with all the designs loaded onto it in the correct format.
- Print out the instructions on the CD.
- Cut pieces for blocks 5 and 6 according to your printed instructions.
- Wind 5-6 bobbins of embroidery bobbin thread (Finishing Touch)
- Applique scissors and Snip-Eze
- 75/11 embroidery needles
- Marking Pens
- Machine and largest hoop
* We have reference charts for our fabrics. To make your own, cut small pieces of fabric and tape or glue to a piece of paper. Then jot down the thread color number beside each fabric.
P.S. For Full Quilt...
- 6 Yard background fabric
- 3 Yard Dark Blue (if using white background fabric) or White (if using black background fabric)
- Fat Quarters according to instructions above